LAHORE: The government has blocked the national identity cards of 18 PTI leaders allegedly involved in the May 9 arson attacks on military installations.
These PTI leaders include former ministers Murad Saeed, Hamad Azhar and Azam Swati. Police said that an application had been filed to block the CNICs of the 18 party leaders after they failed to appear in the anti-terrorism court for hearing of the May 9 and 10 violence cases.
The police said that without appearing in the anti-terrorism court, these 18 people would not be able to get their CNICs unblocked.
According to the police, the names of these PTI leaders have also been put in the no-fly zone and they cannot travel abroad.
Comments are closed.